You can donate safely and securely online using the Zeffy form or through PayPal.
Paypal is a secure and convenient way to make a donation to Literacy of Northern New York.
Literacy of NNY is grateful for the generosity of its donors and to the people and agencies responsible for its grants.
How to Donate in Other Ways
- Donations can be mailed to:
Literacy of Northern NY, 200 Washington St., Suite 303, Watertown, NY 13601
- You can make a memorial donation in memory of a loved one, a friend or someone special. Also, consider making a donation as a birthday, Christmas or other type of gift in your name or on behalf of someone special. LNNY will send a notification/thank-you card.
- Donate to our Annual Appeal.
Other Ways LNNY Raises Money
- LNNY raises funds from events such as our Cream Cheese Festival Raffle Baskets and our Garage Sale.
- Local grants, we are a partner agency of United Way of Northern New York.
- We also receive state grants.
Different Ways of Contributing
At Literacy of Northern NY, we appreciate the great work of our volunteers and the participation of our students – the backbone of LNNY. Tutors work with reading, math or English language learners and some tutor both. Other volunteers serve on our board of directors, help at fund-raising events or assist us with administrative tasks in our office. If you are unable to commit to tutoring, think about volunteering in another capacity. Call the office at 315-782-4270 or e-mail us for information.
- Sponsor a Student
Make a donation for textbooks or supplies for a student.
- Donate a Gift Card
A small gift card from a local business is a wonderful way to reward students for their hard work. LNNY gives these cards, when available, to students for a job well done or to those who come in for the end-of-year assessment of their literacy skills.
- Donate Supplies for Students
Many of our students are low-income and lack the means to buy pens, folders and notebooks. LNNY gives these materials to our students who can’t afford to buy their own supplies.
- Participate in our Annual Appeal
Literacy of Northern NY sends out an annual appeal letter in November. If you would like to be placed on the list to receive an annual appeal letter, please contact the office. E-mail or telephone us.